General Club Rules
1. A current membership book must be carried at all times, any person without a book may be asked to leave.
Rod Licenses must be produced on request from an official EA bailiff. Members books must be produced on request by either a club bailiff or member.
1a. All persons on Pdac waters must be registered with the club or have possession of either a Guest ticket, Exchange permit or a Complimentary permit.
2. Anti-social behaviour, bad language, any consumption of alcohol or recreational drugs will not be tolerated.
Members must not enter into direct confrontation with the public, dog walkers or other anglers.
2. Members are responsible for any litter found in a swim. It must be left clean and tidy, free from any item likely to harm wildlife.
3. No tins, bottles or plastic containers are to left behind. Equipment and belongings should have a tidy appearance when fishing.
5. No trees, reeds, rushes or other vegetation may be cut or trimmed. If there is a problem please inform the warden or bailiff. No fires or Barbecues are allowed.
6. No unauthorised use of any type of bait boat or remote controlled device.
7. Audio/Visual equipment may only be used with headphones.
8. No coarse fish may be taken away and all must be safely returned to the water.
9. Landing nets must be a minimum size of 24” on the shortest side of triangle or 22” diameter on pan nets and members use discretion if these are suitable to land larger fish. Where fish are larger than 10lbs, a larger net is required.
Landing nets and unhooking mats must be carried at all times by all members.
10. Tailors & Gaffs are prohibited.
11. Keep nets are banned for the use for Carp, except at authorised competitions when the position and number will be specified by the organiser, or where water rules allow.
Keep nets are permitted on the rivers.
12. No more than two rods may be used (unless stated otherwise).
13. Disgorgers and artery forceps must be carried and available for use at all times.
14. No fish to be allowed to come into contact with the ground.
The minimum size of approved unhooking mat is 24”x36”.
All anglers must have some form of mat.
15. No natural nut baits to be used on Pdac waters, except in new Carp rules for Harting Combe.
15a. Bread may be used a hookbait and max 1pint crumb/liquidised.
All remaining bread must be taken away and not thrown into the water or left on the bankside on either Pdac or other waters.
16. A maximum of 2kgs of dry particle baits can be used at any one time. All dry particle baits must be fully soaked and boiled before use.
17. No tackle to be left in the water unobserved or left baited out of the water.
18. No wading except to land or returning fish or in authorised competitions.
19. Fishing from defined swims only.
20. Night fishing is only allowed at Harting Combe.
Please read the Harting Combe rules.
21. Members 16 and under must always be accompanied by a fully paid adult member, Senior citizen member or an adult associate at all times.
22. Any member who is asked by a bailiff to stop fishing or leave must do so.
23. Bailiff’s reserve the right to interpret the rules according to the circumstances.
24. No surface baits, unless otherwise stated.
25. Members must carry fish care kits.
26. Guest tickets are currently unavailable.
Guest anglers who join the Pdac within 3 months of using their guest ticket will get a discount of £10 for Adults & £5 for concession (OAP/Disabled). The used guest ticket must be sent with the application form to receive the discount.
Two guests allowed per member per day only.
27.All vehicles must display a club parking permit.
FISHING RIVERS FOR TROUT ON OUR RIVERS.
Fly fishing is permitted from 3rd April to 31st October, with fishing before 16th June by fly only.
Due to low stock levels, all trout must be returned to the water.
FISHING FOR PIKE
Check Harting Coombe Pike rules.
NIGHT FISHING RULES
1. Members can book a place to night fish no more than 7 days in advance.
1a. Members must book in via the booking system, located on the club website. www.thepdac.co.uk
2. Bookings can be up to 48 hours max, subject to availability.
If an angler booked in for Friday night and wants to fish Saturday night he/she must book in on-line or contact the bookings officer.
3. Members will not be allowed to book in for night fishing prior to any type of competition.
4. Where stated in that Carp Anglers must keep one member per peg, no doubling up. A concession may be made to members bringing a junior to night fish.
Junior and Juvenile members must stay with the senior member for safety reasons, with no other exception. (Max 1 rod each).
5. Any member wishing to fish the water after a match must give an hours grace before coming onto the water.
Please check each venue for further rules.